Hello and welcome to the WHA. We are a physician backed association and our mission is to Support, Educate and Inspire, whilst ensuring a global standard of excellence in the Halotherapy industry.
Our goal is to train, educate and support Haloprenuers and Salt Therapy businesses in a deeper understanding of Halotherapy, the disease state, help ensure equipment performs properly and aid in the successful execution of business operations.
Together, we have the ability to make a positive difference to lives across the world.
What is Dry Salt Therapy
Dry Salt Therapy is 100% natural, safe and drug-free. Therapy relies on a basic mineral, pure sodium chloride, commonly known as salt, to stimulate the body's internal processes for cleansing the respiratory tract and strengthening lung function. Through exposure to negatively ionized tiny salt particles in a carefully controlled environment, people simply inhale and exhale to improve their breathing.
Dry salt aerosol therapy has been medically recognized in Europe for over 50 years for the treatment of breathing and skin problems. This safe and affordable alternative therapy compliments conventional medical treatments as an integrative approach to produce sustainable results.
Benefits of Dry Salt Therapy
Lung: Dry Salt Therapy may provide symptomatic relief for adults and children with a variety of respiratory conditions including: Allergies (mold, pollen, ragweed), Asthma, Bronchitis, Bronchial Infections, COPD, Cold and Flu, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Pneumonia, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Smoker's Cough and Wheezing.
Skin: May provide symptomatic relief for adults and children with a variety of skin conditions including: Acne, Dermatitis, Dry & Flaky Skin, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Rosacea, Skin Aging and Skin Inflammation.
Fitness: Recreational, Competitive and Professional athletes seeking to breathe easier during exercise or enhance their athletic performance, endurance and recovery time through increased strength, lung function and oxygen saturation find help with Halotherapy.
History of Halotherapy
Halotherapy comes from the Greek word, "halos" which means "salt". Halotherapy, also known as dry salt therapy, is an all natural treatment that mimics the microclimate of a salt cave. Halotherapy originated as Speleotherapy over 100 years ago in Eastern Europe for the therapeutic benefit of respiratory disease. Speleotherapy has evolved into modern-Halotherapy or dry salt aerosol therapy to provide natural symptom relief for a variety of respiratory and skin conditions. Halotherapy has been recognized in Europe for over 50 years for the treatment of breathing and skin conditions. It is used throughout the world today with documented and consistently positive results.
One does not need to visit an ancient salt cave to experience the restorative effects of Halotherapy. It has become standard therapy in many modern spas across the globe as a highly effective treatment. Halotherapy is a safe, all natural, and drug-free alternative. It is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. It is not considered a replacement for pharmaceuticals but rather augment therapy to enhance the natural healing process.
Halotherapy was first pioneered by the Russians.
• They developed a technology for replicating the conditions of the salt caves and mines.
• The first salt facilities were established in clinical settings such as health facilities, hospitals, etc.
• Halotherapy soon emerged in more commercial segngs outside of the USSR in the 1990s throughout Europe
Benefits of Halotherapy
Worldwide, based on European/Russian clinical studies and US pilot studies, thousands of people have successfully improved their breathing and achieved natural symptom relief.
• Cleanse the respiratory tract and minimize symptoms
• Enhance respiratory function and breathe easier
• Strengthen the immune system
• Improve lung function and increase athletic performance
• Improve the quality of life, reduce stress and enhance overall well-being
• Symptomatic relief for adults and children with a variety of skin conditions including Acne, Dermatitis, Dry & Flaky Skin, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Rosacea, Skin Aging and Skin Inflammation
Whether you suffer from allergies, asthma, chronic sinusitis, other respiratory or skin conditions or simply want to enhance lung capacity and breathe easier, choose Halotherapy.
The average person breathes 17,000 to 21,000 times each day. Your lungs are living air purifiers that are continuously under attack from each breath consisting of allergens, bacteria, pollen, pollutants, toxins, and particles. Exposure can cause absorption of allergens and pollutants, tightening or obstruction of airways, inflammation, bacteria growth, increased mucus viscosity or respiratory disease.
More and more people are suffering from respiratory diseases resulting from a combination of environmental pollutants and allergens including pollution, airborne diseases, pollens and toxins than previously recorded.
Types of Salt
There are a variety of types of salt
• Cooking, bathing, Epsom, salt scrubs
• Himalayan, Dead Sea, Mediterranean, Caribbean, Pharmaceutical
The only salt to use for dry salt therapy for the halogenerator is pharmaceutical grade:
• It is pure and natural sodium chloride that does not contain any additives
• All other salt has trace elements and minerals that when ground into microparticles can reach deep into the respiratory tract could cause adverse reactions
• Depending on where the salt is mined from when ground into microparticles some dirt and/or clay could be released
• All clinical research and studies are based on pharmaceutical salt